The Explorers Club of Pittsburgh holds its general membership meeting at 7:30 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month. Immediately following the business meeting we customarily conduct a presentation of travels and adventures of members (sometimes an informational session or demonstration). Following the presentation, the group socializes at a bar near the meeting.
When: The second Thursday of every month at 7:30pm.
January - April 2017 indoor meetings: Union Project, 801 N Negley Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
May - September 2017 outdoor meetings:
- May: Frick Park
- Jun: North Park, Point Shelter, Lake Shore Drive. 7:00pm start time - ends at 7:30.
- Jul: Schenley Park, Camp David Lawrence shelter, Overlook Drive.
- Aug: Highland Park, Rhododendron Shelter off Lake Dr in Rhododendron Grove. Official picnic (club-provided burgs and dogs).
- Sep: Meadow Park, O'Hara Township. Off Kittanning Pike at Harding Road on Meadow Park Lane
November - December 2017 indoor meetings: Wilkins Community Center, 7604 Charleston Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15218 - Room 13
Members - Please attend these meetings and participate .
Interested? - Please come to this meeting to meet the ECP and learn more about us. Everyone is welcome.
2017 Presentations Schedule
- January - Backpacking School
- February - Biking through the Canyonlands (Bill Brose)
- March - Mt. Kilimanjaro (Paul & Nonnie Toth, Jamie Billings and Laura Kustaborder
- April - Nepal (Part 1)
- May - Nepal (Part 2)
2016 Presentations Schedule
- January - Grand Canyon, Mike Ciccone
- February - Alaska, Mike Ciccone
- March - Switzerland, Ron, Derek, etc.
- April - old school video (courtesy of Bill Baxter)
- May: ECP Gear Demo (Derek Stuart)
- June: Mountaineering School (Ryan Taylor) - POSTPONED
- July: Avalanche Safety (Greg Buzulencia & Devin Fell)
- August - Cleaning Anchors (Jim Schuring)
- September - Mountaineering School (Ryan Taylor)
- October - Backpacking in the Wind River Range (Jim Burns and Natalie Sippel)
- November - Backpacking School - POSTPONED
- December - Climbing trip to Kalymnos (Nate Brooks)
(Contact Vice President with any interest)